Skip to main content

[Travel] Trip to Bangkok with my loveliest girls Part #1

Hi everyone!
Finally I am going to do up a blog post on my bkk trip from 25-28 May!
I will try to remember the places I went on each day and recommend you guys which are the places you need to head to for shopping!! (For girls, bkk is really a heaven! for guys, perhaps the food serves you better? haha just kidding, im sure the guys stuff there are more than the what they have in Singapore.)
Bkk basically has stuff for everyone just that girls are flattered with more choices!

Friends who know me well know that my first bkk trip wasnt a really good one. I think its also because I did not go with research done. So this time round, a thankful and grateful trip again with my loveliest girls! We totally enjoyed every single thing that happened in bkk and was hoping that our trip will be longer but then..... we were so broke by the end of the last day. hahahah!

These post is going to be filled with pictures. I've just edited like 60-70 pictures and eyes are going blind.

25th May: Singapore Changi Airport/ Lunch at Platinum Mall/ Asiatique



The besties with out luggages! so in love with my newly pink polka dots luggage! ;p



 Coincidentally wearing the matching outfit with dawn! ^^ teehee! neon green!




Camwhoring in the plane before we set of for our bkk destination! :D
(We took tiger airways btw, our plane and hotels cost a total of only $300+ for a 4 days 3 nights!)

Boarding the MRT to our hotel place - Baiyoke boutique! 

Here's a little tip: Do check out the reviews of your hotels before you start to book. We made a mistake here because we just booked Baiyoke hotel but came to know that there are a few baiyoke and our hotel- just nice landed with "bad reviews". We were so worried that our hotels are terrible like what the tourists commented. BUT, thank god Muanting booked the executive suite which turns out to be rather pleasant. Baiyoke Boutique is located VERY near the pratunum Market and it's rather convenient for us to go down for the super early market (Those are the wholesalers and the stuff there are the cheapest! So its good if you can make a trip down to the Morning market area at around 6-8am to grab cheap clothes.) Look out for those white tents. 


Tada~ our messy bed room! we realized we didnt took any photos of the hotel till the last day of our trip and thus that explains why is it so messy. :p


Our welcome drinks from the hotel! 

We arrived at Bangkok around 2pm-3pm ish and was waiting for the room because it was not ready. So we grabbed the coupons and redeemed our welcome drinks! ^^ Happy us with the chilled yummy drinks!

After we settled and placed our stuff in the hotel, we head over to platinum mall which is just a lane away from our hotel to grab our lunch. i think Phad thai is a must have dish in BKK, we had that in all our food places. lol. 

Tada! that settles our quick lunch! Tom Yum soup (Super good), phad thai (super spicy! if you cant take spicy, asked them for less spicy k!! and the roasted duck! 

Our mango sticky rice(must have!!) and durian sticky rice! 

After settling our lunch, it was already evening, we just roamed around the area outside platinum mall. There are stalls setting out just outside platinum mall and the stuff are rather unique! So remember to check them out! We moved our butts to Asiatique right after that! 




And this is ASIATIQUE! 
it is very similar to Singapore's Clarke Quay where there's a lot of food places/ pubs and bands!
Definitely you're able to chill there for the night to have good food. 
There are stalls selling clothes as well but there were rather pricy. Guys are able to grab their clothes there because guys clothes are quite limited compare to the girls. But girls.... pratunum market/mall have cheaper ones. But of course, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT is important too. haha. but for me I wouldnt recommend girls to get their clothes there. 


There is bubble tea here!!!! Cheap and good! 






Just us playing with ice creams! teehee! anyway the ice cream there is rather cheap!!


MOCHI!!! you know how expensive to have mochi in singapore right? In bkk you can get them too! ^^  but of course at a cheaper price. 

Came across this cute dog named "Lulu" while we were boarding the boat back to take the train! He is super cute! and he bites on the stalk of rose!! Uber cute! 
This concludes our first day at bkk! I tried to remember all the things we've done each day but sometimes the pea brain just kicked in and I cant remember. lol

26th May: Chuptuchak Weekend Market/ Union Mall/ Gourmet Market (Siam)


Early in the morning.... preparing to head for our early adventure! errrrr, the captions says it all. 4 girls out together, makeup is a need. That explains our dressing table. hahahhaha


Me, being a professional eyebrow drawer helping to draw yuzhen's eyebrow! HAHAHHA


YUZHEN with her drawn eyebrows be yours truly! YAY


Tadda! #faceofthedayforJoyce! asked dawn to add a heart shape there on my face! HAHA, i think we can only do this in other countries. Like those crazy stuff. hahahah dont my heart shape looks cute? 


AND OFF WE GO!!!!


While walking along the streets of chuptuchak, it was super hot, the sun is like directly on top of us. Bkk is good in everything except for their terribly hot weather. So please bring along your caps and sunglasses okay! Anyway, we went to this restaurant called Toh-Plue! (AIR CONDITIONED)! 


This is a "kway tiao" dish with vegetables. Though it looks not so appealing, but..... surprisingly it taste pretty nice. Some healthy food for you perhaps? 


Another plate of Phad Thai.... AGAIN! hahaha we just love phad thai and its a definite must have in your journey to Bangkok! the phad thai tasted not bad too! Not the best one yet. Shall show you what i think is the best later in my next blog post!


How can you miss the legendary pineapple rice? We called this too! Taste pretty alright. Not the best one yet too i can say. I've tasted better ones. 


We just love how beautiful the drinks can get. teehee! look at the decorations on our drinks! See already also so happy!! ^^ 


Enjoying my chilled drink under the super uber hot weather! If you are a follower on my instagram (@jwanting), i've tagged this restaurant on my above picture! you may just clicked on the tag to locate this restaurant! 
In summary: This restaurant dosent serve the most delicious food, but its average. But i think the decoration of the dishes appeals to us. Its not very expensive either. :D If you are tired walking around Chuptuchak, its a good place for you to sit, relax, drink and eat before you continue your shopping down the road of the weekend market. 



What not to be missed in Chuptuchak? Definitely has got to be thier coconut ice-cream!! Its super good! GUARANTEE PLUS CHOP!! 
you can choose to put your favourite toppings from the list of toppings they have! 
Super delicious!! :D 

Chuptuchak is a Weekend market and do note that it only opens during the weekends! Its super hot, really humid as though the sun is just above you, so keep yourself hydrated all the time and bring protection tools such as hat, sunglasses or umbrella if necessary! Good deals to shop there as well! :) You can approach the security guards there for the map because the place is pretty big. but here's a little tip for shoppers, identify the different sections in Chuptuchak by Toilets. (There is a total of 6 toilets), For shoppers who are going there just for clothes/shoes/bags, you just got to walked the sections between toilet 3 to 6! Toilet 1 and 2 mostly is on household products! 

Next up: we moved on to Union Mall as the mall is pretty close to Chuptuchak!
the good thing about Union Mall is that.... its AIR CONDITIONED!!! ohmygod. in bkk, you'll feel blessed with aircon around cause the weather is really crazy. Union Mall is very similar to our Bugis Street level 3! all the small shops around selling clothes! Girls and guys do head there to shop but I can say its not the cheapest mall you can get your clothes still. (for girls)





The very first food that was on my plate were these salmon sushis!!! MAJORLOVE


We didnt really shop much at Union Mall because we know we can get cheaper clothes elsewhere. So we end up hunting for food. and the above pictures are part of a buffet store!! It's a combined food dishes of Korea and Japan! look at whats on the conveyor belt! Those are the food needed to be "steamboat" instead! In addition, there are Sushis all over! OHMYLOVE~~ This can definitely be a good substitute if you had too much thai food!~ AND you think its expensive? Singapore's buffet is at least $20 (talking about with aircon services).... guess how much this cause for each of us? heh heh


 Before we head off to Siam for Gourmet Market, we decided to grab these cream puffs lookalike located at union mall at level 2 or 3 (cant really remember) because it smells really good! AND ITS REALLY TASTY TOO! better grab them if you are around Union Mall!

The last location of the day: SIAM AREA (we shopped gourmet market specially because I wanted to get my fluffy cute cotton candies!!! So in love with that!)


So.... what cotton candies am I talking about? These are the ones! okay, it may be normal or too sweet for you guys. but to me, i love them, so i need to get them definitely! hahah! its not cheap though. for a pack of 6 (talking about the small cups ones) it is 150 baht! which is around $6 sing. So if you are a big lover of them like me, you can just grab them all. LOL. if not, just a packet of 2 will do. 


funny facts about me: I can spend like 1000+ baht on grocery shopping. "YOU KIDDING ME?!" not kidding. True story! haahhah, look at the whole amount of stuff we bought from the gourmet market! and its not enough still! the LAYS were really good! BKK has a wide range of varieties for their LAYS chips while Singapore has only that few. *meh*

SIAM was the last place of the day before we head back to the hotel! Our legs were aching like mad! 

Alright, There are too many pictures in a post, i'll do up the next 2 days of the bkk trip in the next post! A visit to Chinatown and Big C shopping mall. Last day will be purely platinum mall and pratunum market!~~~
Enjoy reading and looking!~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel to Batam with Jwanting & Julynn!

Hi guys!  So, if you follow me on Instagram (@jwanting), you will know i just got back from the 2 Days 1 night short trip to Batam!  Usually, when we talked about batam, it reminds me of the resorts near the beaches and then there's nothing much already. I mean, for as I remembered the last time I ever visited Batam.  However, this time round, I got introduced to a more city-style of Batam which I really enjoyed! I'm actually quite excited to share this post because many of you are already asking me what I did in Batam and where I stayed! So, let's begin our adventures! Julynn and I made a trip down to Batam over the weekends and yes, 2 Days 1 night short trip is made possible with Batam! You'll love this short getaway!  Boarding on Majestic Fast Ferry to Batam! Thank You Best Western Premier Panbil for this arrangement of transportation! Had a comfy journey to Batam!  Best Western Premier Panbil Hotel's staff picked

Jwanting x Fresver Beauty

Hello Guys! I'm back here writing my experience with Fresver Beauty!  Thanks to Favesofficial , I had the opportunity to make my way down for a facial!  It has been ages since I had facial because I really had a bad experience with past facials i've been to! I remembered back then when I was in Primary-Secondary era, I had the worst breakouts... You probably won't believe it, but my primary school teacher actually asked my mum to source for remedies for my super bad skin condition.  My aunt recommended me a facial place.  But, to my horror, my face got worst, red, despite going for facials once a week and utilizing their $500+ products. (when i was like 12-13?!) Practically a nightmare with facial places that I don't ever want to step in to any.  However, Favesofficial  offered me this opportunity to get my face clean up. I was pretty worried to be back for facial, in general, but I know I needed some experts to help me in polishing my skin cond

EHA Hifu Treatment Process

Hi guys! It's been pretty long since I've updated my blog because of my super busy and tight schedules recently.  but praised God for such busy schedules because everyday is simply fulfilling!  Stay close with me because I've a lot of exciting events/things to showcase to you all! If you haven't follow me on Instagram (@jwanting) or Facebook Page (@jwanting) , then you'll be missing out! I recently just dropped an exclusive discount code for RAYBAN glasses. How often will you be able to get such attractive discount? so head on to my IG/Facebook page to find out how to get 15% off you pair of Rayban! And this is only limited to during the Christmas Season! You won't be able to enjoy such attractive discount after Christmas!  Back to the agenda for today, my blogpost will be focusing on my HIFU Treatment with EHA Clinic few weeks back! I never knew what this treatment was all about but Storybox Collective wanted to shot some of the treatment proc