Skip to main content

A Wanderlust Ambition

Hello Guys!

Just feel like blogging on my personal basis instead of fulfilling a Challenge by Teenage. All 7 Challenges are completed and I really felt that sense of achievement and the determination in  me. It wasn't easy to complete the challenges especially when it is all just a week apart. Thank God, the people in Teenage Magazine are the loveliest people who accommodates all our flaws (including late submissions :x) Sadly, I may not be able to attend the Teenage Gorgeous You Finals because of my shoot schedule. :( Sigh, as much as I would love to attend, (especially after all the hard work of preparing for the challenges) I most probably won't be able to because the Toggle drama I am doing has location constraints and will be shooting on that day. Whatever the results may be, I wish all the fellow finalists the best of luck! It was fun to be in this together with you all!

Back to the topic! I typed "Wanderlust" and it is defined as "a strong desire to travel." It was just a random word that I came across and I thought this word resonates so much to me. I've always been thinking of traveling for work or leisure because of my strong desires to see this huge world. After all, there are so many things out there awaiting to explore and find out. It allows me to see the different lifestyle  and cultures that people out of Singapore are experiencing. This the reason why I could save money on food and clothes here in Singapore and spending it on my flights and accommodations instead.  

I guess this ties in with my personality as well. I am someone who loves freedom, who loves going with the flow and love to make impromptu decisions. I remembered I was only 13 or 15 years old when I secretly booked an air ticket to Hong Kong with my cousin before telling that to my mum. She was so angry after that but well.... no choice. (kids, please don't learn from me haha). But that feeling of stepping onto the plane to the next destination kept me really excited.

To a foreign country that I've never stepped into before.... Am I afraid? Not at all. I love meeting new people and going across the world had me meeting random strangers who are so welcoming and friendly! This kind of interaction is something that I wouldn't get to experience if I only stayed in Singapore. I've only been to Asia countries (due to money constraint lol) but I've never regretted going around these countries because of its rich culture heritages that are amazingly interesting. 


Often, I do not travel with a tour guide because I wanted to take my own time to explore places that I've researched beforehand. Being someone who rather walks and take public transport to get to where I am, I probably need more time than ever to stroll. You know how tour guides always arrange buses for you and then dropped you at certain location and then keep your exploring time to a mere few hours. You take a few selfies, group photos and she/he goes "Times up! We are heading to the next location." GAHHH. Not for me. 

Whenever I travel, I go for Airbnb instead of hotels. Reason being that I can have an opportunity to know the host(s) or family if its a shared apartment. They are really nice people whom bring me out for dinner or around their country. I love building relationships and it is always a nice feeling going back and meeting them again. 

Travelling is addictive, really. It gives you so much happiness and this is why my ambition has always been to travel as much as possible and would be really lovely if such is incorporated in my work. I.e. Travel for work. 


I am really fortunate this year to get to travel for work purposes! (Thank You Luminous Dental!) I really hope to be able to document my travel journey and please be patient with me as I complete my videos on Japan, Jeju and Korea. (long overdue i know!! Sorry, but bear with me because I really hope to edit it beautifully!)

To more adventures ahead! xoxo 
Goodnight!

Thank you Bryan for the amazing photos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel to Batam with Jwanting & Julynn!

Hi guys!  So, if you follow me on Instagram (@jwanting), you will know i just got back from the 2 Days 1 night short trip to Batam!  Usually, when we talked about batam, it reminds me of the resorts near the beaches and then there's nothing much already. I mean, for as I remembered the last time I ever visited Batam.  However, this time round, I got introduced to a more city-style of Batam which I really enjoyed! I'm actually quite excited to share this post because many of you are already asking me what I did in Batam and where I stayed! So, let's begin our adventures! Julynn and I made a trip down to Batam over the weekends and yes, 2 Days 1 night short trip is made possible with Batam! You'll love this short getaway!  Boarding on Majestic Fast Ferry to Batam! Thank You Best Western Premier Panbil for this arrangement of transportation! Had a comfy journey to Batam!  Best Western Premier Panbil Hotel's staff picked

Jwanting x Fresver Beauty

Hello Guys! I'm back here writing my experience with Fresver Beauty!  Thanks to Favesofficial , I had the opportunity to make my way down for a facial!  It has been ages since I had facial because I really had a bad experience with past facials i've been to! I remembered back then when I was in Primary-Secondary era, I had the worst breakouts... You probably won't believe it, but my primary school teacher actually asked my mum to source for remedies for my super bad skin condition.  My aunt recommended me a facial place.  But, to my horror, my face got worst, red, despite going for facials once a week and utilizing their $500+ products. (when i was like 12-13?!) Practically a nightmare with facial places that I don't ever want to step in to any.  However, Favesofficial  offered me this opportunity to get my face clean up. I was pretty worried to be back for facial, in general, but I know I needed some experts to help me in polishing my skin cond

EHA Hifu Treatment Process

Hi guys! It's been pretty long since I've updated my blog because of my super busy and tight schedules recently.  but praised God for such busy schedules because everyday is simply fulfilling!  Stay close with me because I've a lot of exciting events/things to showcase to you all! If you haven't follow me on Instagram (@jwanting) or Facebook Page (@jwanting) , then you'll be missing out! I recently just dropped an exclusive discount code for RAYBAN glasses. How often will you be able to get such attractive discount? so head on to my IG/Facebook page to find out how to get 15% off you pair of Rayban! And this is only limited to during the Christmas Season! You won't be able to enjoy such attractive discount after Christmas!  Back to the agenda for today, my blogpost will be focusing on my HIFU Treatment with EHA Clinic few weeks back! I never knew what this treatment was all about but Storybox Collective wanted to shot some of the treatment proc